Salesforce Supercharges Health Cloud with New Capabilities and Expanded Partner Ecosystem
ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Today at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference, Salesforce [NYSE: CRM]—the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company—announced new Lead-to-Patient Conversion, Risk Stratification and Advanced Segmentation capabilities in Health Cloud, the cloud-based patient relationship management solution that puts patients at the center of their care. In addition, Salesforce partners are extending Health Cloud with new solutions that will help providers better manage patients throughout their entire care journeys.
Due to the growing expectations of today’s digitally savvy population, care providers must rethink how they communicate with patients using modern technologies. In fact, 59% of people would choose a doctor who offers a patient app for appointments, bills and health data, and 46% would choose a doctor who offers virtual care treatments vs. one who does not.1 Providers today have multiple challenges, such as bringing new patients into their businesses, identifying their most at-risk patients and engaging with them in smarter, more personalized ways.
Introducing New Capabilities in Health Cloud
Last year, Salesforce launched Health Cloud to give health professionals a solution to help collaborate more efficiently, better understand their patients and build stronger relationships across their entire care teams. Today, Salesforce is extending the functionality of Health Cloud to help manage resources, risk and outreach in more intelligent ways:
- Lead-to-Patient Conversion allows care coordinators to easily convert potential new patients into lasting relationships, each with their own care plans and care teams. Prospective patient leads can be imported from Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, or from an integration with an electronic health record (EHR), data warehouse, patient registration system or call center. Once in Health Cloud, patient data can then be used to create unique care plans, map patient relationships and more, saving hours of data entry and administrative work.
- Risk Stratification uses powerful analytics tools to help care coordinators identify and focus on patients with the highest risk factors. Using built-in Salesforce Analytics Cloud capabilities, Health Cloud now automatically calculates risk scores for each patient based on the industry standard Center for Medicaid Services Hierarchical Condition Category model. Providers can now view risk across their patient population in customizable dashboards so they can provide targeted preventative care to the patients who need it the most, while gaining new insights into the populations they serve.
- Advanced Segmentation allows care teams to filter their patient populations using clinical and non-clinical data, such as diagnoses and demographics, to create targeted approaches for outreach. For example, a doctor using Health Cloud can now quickly segment all patients over the age of 65 with diabetes, or patients who have been discharged from knee surgery in the last 30 days, and then send follow-up appointment reminders, surveys or educational materials to all of them at once, saving time and improving outcomes.
Rapidly Expanding Ecosystem Extends Capabilities of Health Cloud
Salesforce continues to build a comprehensive ecosystem of partners that extend the power of Health Cloud. In the coming months, Salesforce partners are bringing new applications to Health Cloud that can be installed via the Salesforce AppExchange, the world’s largest and longest-running enterprise apps marketplace. These solutions include:
- Fitango: Fitango’s Wellness Action Plans app will arm healthcare organizations with the ability to build stronger patient relationships with pre-built, interactive and customizable wellness plans for Health Cloud.
- FormFast: FormFast’s Connect app will enable healthcare forms to be completed and signed electronically in Health Cloud, helping to engage patients, expedite care and increase efficiency for providers.
- Healthwise: Healthwise for Care Coordination for use with Health Cloud connects the entire care team to evidence-based, easy-to-understand health education materials to efficiently provide patients the information they need to better manage their health.
- higi: higi’s Population Screening app for Health Cloud provides healthcare organizations with health assessment data and cost-effective biometrics captured from screenings performed at higi stations located in pharmacies and grocery stores.
- Interpreta: Interpreta will integrate member prioritization and automated assignment of clinical goals with real-time analytics within Health Cloud.
- Kyruus: Kyruus’ ProviderMatch for Salesforce app will allow healthcare organizations to optimize the patient experience across all access channels through smart patient-provider matching and scheduling within Health Cloud.
- myStrength: myStrength’s Digital Behavioral Health Resources app will provide evidence-based tools and activities for behavioral healthcare directly within Health Cloud, empowering consumers to be active participants in their journey to becoming and staying mentally and physically healthy.
- Prophit Insight: Prophit Insight’s Physician Engage app uses analytics to help empower healthcare organizations to build stronger patient relationships and reduce network leakage in Health Cloud.
- RELATIENT: RELATIENT’s RideToHealth app leverages a partnership with Uber to book and manage Uber rides to and from healthcare facilities directly within Health Cloud. In addition, they are bringing the Health Campaign Manager app to Health Cloud, which leverages integration with EHR systems to enable healthcare organizations to deliver timely health prompts to patients in a modern, mobile and conversational way.
- Sirono: The Sirono app addresses frustrating patient payment processes, making it easier for hospitals to manage high volumes of transactions in Health Cloud.
- Vocera: The Vocera Rounds app for Health Cloud will help hospitals manage the patient experience in real-time by making it easy for care teams to proactively address patient feedback, deploy improvement initiatives and recognize top performing staff.
- VSee: VSee’s Clinic app will empower healthcare organizations to enhance the patient experience and manage their practices through HIPAA-compliant video conferencing, patient self-scheduling and a lightweight EHR for entering patient health records directly in Health Cloud.
- xG Health: xG Health’s Intelligent Care Management app for Health Cloud will allow healthcare organizations to more effectively manage patients with chronic disease conditions through evidenced-based care management content and workflow tools.
- Zynx Health: Zynx Health’s PointOfCare app for Health Cloud will manage patients across multiple care teams using evidence-based best practices to improve clinical and financial outcomes, decrease clinical variation and provide visibility into role-based interventions.
Comments on the News
«We are living in an age where our best experience anywhere is becoming our expectation everywhere, so healthcare providers are under increasing pressure to use modern, smart technology to foster strong patient relationships. In fact, it’s becoming the single biggest differentiator for providers today,» said Dr. Joshua Newman, chief medical officer at Salesforce. «Health Cloud’s new features and growing partner ecosystem solve an impressive and growing range of challenges, giving healthcare providers new tools to interact with their patients and provide them with connected experiences throughout their care journeys.»
- Make sure to visit Salesforce at HIMSS at Booth #2675
- Salesforce at HIMSS Website: https://www.salesforce.com/campaign/himss/
- Salesforce Health Cloud website:http://www.salesforce.com/healthcloud
- Like Salesforce on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforcehttps://twitter.com/salesforce
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol «CRM.» For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
1 Source: Salesforce’s «2016 Connected Patient Report,» June, 2016
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-supercharges-health-cloud-with-new-capabilities-and-expanded-partner-ecosystem-300409917.html